And the Award Goes to...
...Me! I'm pleasantly surprised that I've been nominated for a blog award by the wonderful Jasmine of SaysJasmine! (Hey Girl!) She gave me 5 questions to answer and then I'm gonna share the love with some of my favorite bloggers.
1) In a perfect world you would live like..?
Free of Sallie Mae!, but in all honesty the perfect world for me would be full of love and a place where people lived freely and didn't worry about the next person. Everyone progressed and encourages one another.
2) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be and why?
To have my own magazine! (a la Khadijah James... bonus points if you know who that is). My dream is to be a writer, I've always wanted my own magazine since I've read Essence at the age of 10. I want to be able to show people in a positive light, to give people a place to voice their opinions, fears, and triumphs. I want to provide a familiar face to people in the world of typical magazines.
3) What is the ultimate purpose of your blog and what inspires you the most?
Everyone has a story and that story provides comfort, familiarity, a lesson learned, a laugh, some shade for someone else.That's my blog, in 100 words or more at times. Life in all it's complexities inspires me. Something as simple as a conversation with a stranger on the train can be inspiring, people are inspiring, I'm glad I'm alive to obtain it.
4) You're given money that replenishes itself, what do you do?
The typical materialistic person in me would say SHOPPING! POPPING TAGS!, but I honestly want to make sure that everyone close to me is living comfortably. I will invest my money smartly. I will also give large sums to charities.
5) You can visit one person from your past, who do you visit and why?
My deceased mother. No explanation needed.
And the Nominees are...
Your Questions Are...
1. What is the biggest lesson you've learned in life thus far?
2. If you could describe your writing in one word, what would it be?
3.What's one thing you love about your self?
4. If you could interview any Celebrity (dead or alive), who would it be?
5. You are stuck on an island and can only bring 3 things, what are they?